Racism in its PUREST form.
I mean, let’s be real. Bill O’Reilly is ignorant as fuck.
Guys can we talk about how great reversed gifs are
like we have the vacuums
we have the dirty stuff
we have the fixers
we have the ceptioners
and we have my favorite
like these are the greatest things in the world
- People in 2000: Y2K is going to kill us all!
- in 2001: Anthrax is going to kill us all!
- in 2002: West Nile Virus is going to kill us all!
- in 2003: Weapons of Mass Destruction are going to kill us all!
- in 2004: SARS is going to kill us all!
- in 2005: Bird Flu is going to kill us all!
- in 2006: E. Coli is going to kill us all!
- in 2007: Vaccines are going to kill us all
- in 2008: The Bad Economy is going to kill us all!
- in 2009: Swine Flu is going to kill us all!
- in 2010: BP Oil is going to kill us all!
- in 2011: Obamacare is going to kill us all!
- In 2012: The end of the world is going to kill us all!
- In 2013: North Korea is going to kill us all!
- In 2014: Ebola is going to kill us all!
- Me: Eh, it will work out.
Indigenous People’s Day Photo Project 2013
Photo Credit: Andrew Burlingham
South Puget Sound Community College’s Diversity & Equity Center
Yes. YES. Fuck Columbus forever.
I’ll always distinctly remember being a -child-, maybe 7? and even then being so horribly angry about Columbus. I was originally vocal about it. The real kicker? I quickly learned to shut up about how I felt.
I tried to talk about how infuriating it was to learn how Columbus invaded and destroyed an entire native people. And every adult I talked to tried to convince me everything Columbus did was totally okay. Apparently children aren’t supposed to learn about Columbus and find him to be anything but ~brave~ and ~adventurous~ or some shit.
I’m still, even now, fucking appalled anyone, ANYONE, could so easily and thoughtlessly try to indoctrinate a small child into accepting genocide of native people. It’s …disgusting, and so extremely telling of how far our culture will go in its dehumanization and erasure of the violence native people endured and continue to endure at our hands.
So. Yes. Fuck Columbus.
I hope someday we all celebrate Indigenous People Day and only remember Columbus for his crimes against humanity.
How can you discover something that already existed Columbus?
What a different world we’d live in if Columbus had never set sail, considering most of the technologies we’re using to discuss this were invented or developed in the America by immigrants or descendants of immigrants. Columbus treated natives like animals, ok. So did most other white people. That doesn’t make him better in the arena of racism, but not all white people were pioneering a transatlantic expedition either.